Here are ten characteristics, in no particular order, which they exhibit:
(1) They have a growth strategy for their brand in place. They are not just winging it, or going through the motions. They have a mission, with both short term and long-term objectives.
(2) They are authentic; always stay “on brand.” No matter what happens, they remain true to themselves. They celebrate their individuality, and consistently bring their strongest brand attributes to the forefront.
(3) They are happy at work. This doesn’t mean that they never have a bad day, because everyone does. On the whole they like going to work, enjoy the company of those around them, feel comfortable with their level of responsibility, and are compensated properly.
(4) They rank well in search, have a strong online reputation. Whether it’s LinkedIn, Google, Yahoo or Bing, when you enter her/his name in any type of search, you’re not going to have difficulty tracking her/him down, because they’re going to pop up frequently. And no matter where you click to get more information, your first impression is going to be a good one.
(5) They have a strong social media presence. When you visit any of his/her social media accounts, you come away with a clear picture of who they are, and what they stand for. They say and do the right things, and stay in contact with their followings appropriately.
(6) They learn new skills. Never the type to be complacent, people with strong personal brands are constantly learning new skills, taking courses, and garnering certifications. It’s not just for show – they apply the newfound knowledge whenever possible to bolster performance.
(7) They have a valuable, growing network of contacts, followers and friends. People with strong personal brands have significant professional networks. They have high-level contacts that know, understand, appreciate, and engage with their brands. The number of quality contacts grows consistently over time.
(8) They give back. You will find them active in the local community, with their former alma maters, and/or with charitable organizations. They are the first people to support causes when they can. They participate because it’s the right thing to do, and garner significant respect in the process.
(9) They try new things without trepidation. People with strong personal brands relish new opportunities to grow value and create opportunity for themselves. They follow trends in marketing and technology, and are not afraid to be at the forefront of something new, even if it means being the first among their peer group to try something out.
(10) They are prepared for anything. If a huge new job or other professional opportunity suddenly presents itself, they are ready to pounce on it with no hesitation. On the flip side, if a sudden, unexpected turn for the worse takes place on the job front, it’s just a blip on the radar for them. They are fully prepared to move onto the next opportunity, and have all the resources in place to get them there quickly.
People with strong personal brands are the rock stars of the professional world. And they reap the benefits of this status. At Repceptional, our mission is simple: to help all of you build and cultivate one! Click here to set up a complimentary consultation to get the ball rolling.